Monday, February 2, 2009

The Road of Life...YOU are in the Driver's Seat.

As I was driving home the other day, I reflected on how similar that being in the driver’s seat is to Life. For most of my life I thought I was a passenger, feeling like life was happening to me instead of claiming responsibility for the journey that I was on, it was much easier to sit back and ride along.

However, when I looked glanced up at the mirror I realized that I was in the driver’s seat all along. I was merely looking at the reflection of my life; where I had been. I could go no further on my journey when my center of attention was simply on my past. Focusing on the rear view mirror will never show me what is in my future, it only show’s me what has gone by and where I came from...that was a part of my trip…but not as important as where I was going.

In the driver’s seat of life, I get to chart my path, I decide who rides with me, where I may stop along the way. By starting the car, having a plan, and putting the car in drive, I decide what is next. Sometimes, people may come onto the highway and cut me off… I keep going, sometimes slower vehicles may slow me down, but that gives me the opportunity to look around..and not speed pass some great opportunities that I may have overlooked. Even with great friends suggestions acting as my GPS system, I AM responsible for getting to the destination.

“The past will never change, but you can
change the future by changing your actions
today. It is really a very simple process.
We, as humans, are always in a process of
change. Therefore, we might as well guide
the direction in which we will change.”
—From The Traveler’s Gift

I wear the seat belt to remind me that yes there are going to be bumps on the road…but that is all a part of the trip. I may drive down a gravel road or a smooth highway, either way; it is up to me to keep focused on the road ahead. I can glance behind me for a moment to remind me of where I have been; however focusing on the road ahead will bring me closer to my destination.

My Grandfather used to say, “No matter who you are, No matter what you are, You Must Start where you are.” I would like to encourage you to Start. (Turn off the cruise control.) Decide where your destination will be, put your life on drive, focus on the road in front of you, know your goal and make it to your destination. Even though it sometimes feels like you are on the road alone, you are not. Some of us occasionally travel in a four wheel drive and are only a phone call away to give you a push.


Remember that Every Action that you Take, Every Decision that you Make…Everything that YOU do MATTERs.

I love you,
Most Humbly,
Marcia






http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroup.php%3Fgid%3D23270499673%26ref%3Dmf%23%2Fgroup.php%3Fgid%3D51004535524&h=148712ba81fd0f55bececec8e906c8b9EAUPENING [Opening]…the place to highlight all things GOOD and POSITIVE in our lives and in the world. The EAUPENING Bringing to light all that is GOOD in the world and in ourselves....The EAUPENING provides a place for everyone, any age, race, religion or background to fill their cup with all things positive. It is a place where content is monitored by the users. People can drink from this virtual Mecca of positive conversations and information then come away feeling refreshed and better for the experience. We are firm believers that where attention goes, energy flows. As a world, our media is mainly placing our attention on fear and negativity it is time to change our focus. Our intent is to highlight all things POSITIVE and invite others to do the same! Please Join us on the EAUPENING and invite others to do the same. Thank-You.

1 comment:

  1. Heeey Marcia,

    you're so right we are not on the road alone. We are on the road together each in our own separate TRANS-PORTING machine that moves us from the past into the future. Where we end up truly is our own desire. We can go back to the future or we can live in the present or we can get stuck in the past. But whatever we decide to do the choice is ours.

    Lovingly loving you Deremiah *CPE

    ReplyDelete

Stand for Peace

Twitter

Country Counter

free counters